Part 1: June 29-July 1, 2018
Part 1 Training Objectives: EMDR Foundations
After attending the training, participants will be able to:
- List EMDR’s 8 phase and 3 prongs
- Discuss the AIP approach to psychotherapy
- Apply extended resourcing interventions
- Construct a belief focused targeting plan
- Describe the application of The Processing ContinuumTM
Part 2: August 3-5, 2018
Part 2 Training Objectives: Expanding EMDR Skills
After attending the training, participants will be able to:
- List 5 EMDR specific targeting plan approaches
- Develop resourcing skills to assist EMDR processing
- Demonstrate EMDR’s unrestricted processing
- Discuss the use of clinical interventions during processing
- Compare and contrast EMDR standard protocols and procedures with the integrative approach
EMDR Training now has a completion deadline! An EMDRIA policy that went into effect on January 1, 2017 states that all participants must complete the entire EMDR training within 24 months from their initial start date – this includes 20 hours lecture, 20 hours practicum, and 10 hours of required consultation that comprise the EMDR Training Course. Please consider this deadline when registering for the training.
Trainer: Carol Hammon-Paulson, Ph.D., LP, APRN, PMHNP-BC
Carol has 30+ years’ experience as a clinician working with trauma-related issues, ranging from inpatient and partial hospital settings to community mental health, medical settings, and most recently, private practice. She is both a licensed clinical psychologist and board certified nurse practitioner. Carol brings an abundance of experience as a psychotherapist, supervisor, consultant, and educator. She has practiced EMDR since 1999 and incorporates somatic psychotherapies, biofeedback, health psychology, and holistic practices into a neurobiologically-informed practice. She is an EMDR Certified Therapist and Approved Consultant with EMDRIA and the Coordinator of the SouthCentral KS EMDRIA Network Group.
Carol served as the director and clinical supervisor of an inpatient-outpatient Trauma Treatment Program in a Midwestern hospital/CMHC for 6 years in the 1990s. She is an adjunct faculty at Wichita State University in the departments of Psychology and Nursing. She has taught graduate level courses and seminars in Trauma treatment, Health Psychology, Grief Recovery, and Enhancing Resilience. Besides EMDR, one of her biggest passions is Equine-facilitated psychotherapy.
Parts 1 and 2 (includes the required 10 hours of group consultation): $1395.00
Parts 1 and 2 for Non-Profit/Community Mental Health/Interns (includes the required 10 hours of group consultation): $995.00
- All-in-one training manual (Parts 1 and 2)
- A video link of the entire training (Parts 1 and 2)
- 10 hours of group consultation (required as part of the EMDR Training Course)
- Free downloadable audio and/or videos files of additional EMDR presentations
- Free membership to EMDR Consulting’s Clinician Listserv
Already trained in EMDR and seeking a refresher?
If you have already completed an EMDR training course, you will still find our training to be beneficial. In addition to teaching the basics, our course teaches:
- 6 different approaches to case conceptualization
- The Belief Schema approach to case conceptualization
- 6 different resource strategies and how to ‘extend’ them into the client’s daily life
- The Processing ContinuumTM (EMD, EMDr, EMDR)
- And much more because our EMDR training is not just about the basics!
(If trained before 2006, EMDR CEs may be available. For more information, contact EMDRIA at www.emdria.org)
Parts 1 and 2: $495.00
Parts 1 and 2 for Non-profit/Community Mental Health/Intern: $395.00
Refresher course does not include any consultation hours.
Group consultation hours may be purchased for $25 per hour.
Individual consultation hours may be purchased for $75 per hour.
EMDR Consulting realizes that becoming trained in EMDR is a significant commitment in time, energy, and money. For that reason, in addition to being one of the most affordable EMDR training course offered in the country, we also offer payment plans for those who prefer to spread out the cost:
$1395.00 – select the $280/5 month option
$995.00 – select the $200/5 month option
Payments begin upon registration and are automatically deducted on the same day each month. The payment plan includes a one-time $5 service and handling fee. Please scroll down to the bottom of this course event page and select the payment plan that applies to you.
If you have a special payment plan request, please contact Karen Beebe at email@example.com to arrange a plan suited for your needs.
By utilizing and authorizing the payment plan option, the registrant understands that fees must be paid in full before a Certificate of Completion will be issued.
Should the payment plan be cancelled for any reason, the registrant will be held responsible for aspects of the program that have been completed.
Licensed Mental Health Professionals
- Qualifying Medical Doctors must be licensed to practice in their state or province.
- Qualifying Advanced Practice Registered Nurses must have a Master of Science in Nursing (or higher) with a specialization in psychiatric mental health nursing and must be licensed to practice through their state board or province.
- Qualifying Mental Health Clinicians must have a Master’s Degree in the mental health field (Counseling, Marriage Family Therapy, Psychology, Psychotherapy, Psychiatry, Social Work) or related mental health discipline and be licensed to practice through their state board or province.
Pre-Licensed Mental Health Professionals
- These are clinicians who are actively pursuing a mental health license through their state board (or province) while working under a licensed supervisor. Some of these license types may include: associate, intern, limited, provisional, temporary, and pre-license.
- Qualifying Pre-Licensed Mental Health Clinicians must have a Master’s Degree in the mental health field (Counseling, Marriage Family Therapy, Psychology, Psychotherapy, Psychiatry, Social Work) or related mental health discipline and must be actively pursuing a full license through their state board (or province) while working under a licensed supervisor.
- Qualifying graduate students must be enrolled in a Master’s or Doctoral program in the mental health field (Counseling, Marriage Family Therapy, Psychology, Psychotherapy, Psychiatry, Psychiatric Nursing, Social Work) or related mental health discipline. Students must have completed their core graduate academic coursework and must be in the practicum/internship portion of their graduate program. First year graduate students are not eligible. Graduate students must be on a licensing track and working under the supervision of a fully licensed mental health clinician.
- Graduate students who would like to take an EMDR Training will need to submit certain documentation (graduate transcript, practicum or internship details, and a letter from their supervisor which includes the supervisor’s license information and number) in order to verify their eligibility. Students do not need to provide EMDRIA with any documentation unless specifically asked to do so by EMDRIA staff. Please email any documentation that needs to be submitted to firstname.lastname@example.org either prior to or during the training registration process.
Please read EMDRIA’s EMDR Training FAQ for assistance by clicking here.
10 hours of consultation is required as part of the EMDRIA approved basic training. EMDR Consulting has included the cost of these 10 hours of consultation as part of your basic training registration fee.
Not all training organizations clearly disclose whether the cost of the required 10 hours of consultation is part of their basic training registration fee. The 10 hours of consultation may add anywhere from $250-$1000 to your basic training cost! EMDR Consulting suggests you compare before you commit. Learn more about what we offer that exceeds ‘the basics’ by checking our ‘Dare-to-Compare table.’
EMDR Consulting’s consultation fee is calculated at $25 per hour, one of the lowest in the EMDR training industry. Therefore, $250 (i.e., 10 hours @ $25/hour) of your registration fee is earmarked for your consultation. With each consultation session you use, $25 is deducted from your $250 consultation escrow account.
Scheduling your consultation:
While it is up to you to utilize the hours of consultation to your best advantage, we suggest scheduling some of your hours between Part 1 and Part 2 of our basic training. We typically do not offer consultation during the actual training; your days are long enough!
The question that is often asked: “What if I don’t have clients, can I still have consultation and complete my basic training?”
While having experience using EMDR with clients is ideal, some participants may be in situations where that is not possible. Consultation is still valuable and would still apply toward completing the basic training course.
Face-to-face local consultation:
EMDR Consulting does its best to have coaches available in your local area so you can have the opportunity for face-to-face consultation. Local coaches often have sign-up sheets available so you can schedule your consultation before you leave the training.
If you are unable to make the local coach’s face-to-face consultation sessions, group telephone consultation is also available. Roy offers group conference-call consultation on Monday and Wednesday, 11am, 12 noon, and 1pm (Eastern Standard Time). Contact Roy to reserve your spot on these calls, indicating the dates and times you’d like to participate. Your date and time will be confirmed along with a toll-free number to call. No more than four participants will be scheduled for any time slot.
Consultation Cancellation Policy:
EMDR Consulting’s coaches have agreed to set aside time from their clinical practice to provide your consultation, often for less than their rate for a clinical session. In respect for their commitment to help you integrate EMDR into your clinical practice, it is EMDR Consulting’s policy to charge your account $25 for no shows or late cancellations. To make up a missed consultation session, you will need to make arrangements to pay for that session out-of-pocket.
Completing your consultation:
Completing your consultation is an individual process; however, please note that you will not receive your Certification of Basic Training Completion until you have completed both parts of the training and the 10 hours of consultation. We strongly suggest you schedule your consultation on a weekly basis.
Once you have completed an EMDR Training, you are considered an EMDR trained clinician. EMDRIA Certification in EMDR requires additional levels of continuing education and consultation in EMDR and is a separate process. To become certified, one must:
- Be fully trained in an EMDRIA Approved EMDR Training course
- Be licensed or certified in their profession with a minimum of two years’ experience in their field
- Complete an additional 20 hours of consultation in EMDR by an Approved Consultant
- Conduct a minimum of 50 clinical sessions with at least 25 different clients in which EMDR is utilized
- Complete 12 hours of continuing education in EMDR every two years
Please visit emdria.org for more information about certification.
Continuing Education credit for this program is also awarded by CE-Classes.com. CE-Classes.com is approved by:
- The American Psychological Association to sponsor continuing education for psychologists. CE-Classes.com maintains responsibility for this program and its content.
- Association of Social Work Boards (ASWB): CE-Classes.com, provider #1142, is approved as a provider for social work continuing education by the Association of Social Work Boards (ASWB), www.aswb.org, through the Approved Continuing Education (ACE) program. CE-Classes.com maintains responsibility for the program. ASWB Approval Period: 1/5/2017-1/5/2020. Social workers should contact their regulatory board to determine course approval.
- The Florida Board of Clinical Social Work, Marriage and Family Therapy and Mental Health Counseling Provider #852 BAP-Expires 3/31/2019
- California BBS: Ce-Classes.com is approved to provide continuing education by the following professional organizations: ASWB and APA. The California Board of Behavioral Sciences, BBS, recognizes relevant course work/training that has been approved by these nationally recognized certifying bodies to satisfy renewal requirements.
- The California Association of Alcoholism and Drug Abuse Counselors (CAADAC) Provider Number OS-12-174-1116 Expires 11-2018
- The Texas Board of Social Work Examiners, Continuing Education Provider – 5674 expires 4/30/2019.
- The Texas Board of Professional Counselors, Continuing Education Provider – 1622 expires 2/28/2019.
- Massachusetts Authorization Number: Part 1 is 1378; Part 2 is 1379
- Ohio Counselor, Social Worker and Marriage and Family Therapist Board – Provider # RCST031201 Expires 5/31/2019
- The Florida Board of Nursing (CE Provider #: 50-4896) Expires 10/31/2018. Do not send certificates to the Florida Board of Nursing. You must keep this certificate for 4 years.
- The California Board of Registered Nursing. CEP 15647 Expires 11/30/2018
- New York Social Work Board NYSED Provider #120
Participants will receive 20 hours of continuing education credit upon completing Part 1 of this program and 20 hours of continuing education credit upon completing Part 2 of this program. Attendance for the entire part (1 or 2) is required to receive CE credits. No partial credit will be awarded.
NBCC Certificates of Attendance containing CE information or CE-Classes’ CE Instructions to obtain CEs will be issued upon receipt of the course evaluation and final sign-out at the conclusion of each part (1 or 2) of the training.
Concerning EMDRIA Credits for refresher registrations:
Clinicians may use a repeat of the basic training in lieu of EMDRIA Credits on a one time basis towards their EMDRIA Certification or Approved Consultant renewal. EMDRIA does not allow repeated training in lieu of the EMDRIA Credits for initial Certification or AC applicants.
Cancellation Policy for Scheduled Trainings:
- Minimum Attendance Requirement: EMDR Consulting reserves the right to cancel any training 10 days prior to the first day of the scheduled training if it does not meet its minimum attendance requirement of 10 participants.
- Unforeseen Events: EMDR Consulting reserves the right to cancel any training up to 24 hours before the first day of the scheduled training if something occurs beyond EMDR Consulting’s control, i.e., weather, national disaster, sudden illness, or death of a relation to the scheduled trainer.
- Refund: In the event EMDR Consulting cancels a training, participants will receive 100% of their registration fee as a credit to their credit card or a check.
Participant Cancellation Policy:
- Participants may cancel their registration up to 24 hours prior to the first day of the scheduled training.
- Cancellations shall be requested in writing directed to either Roy Kiessling, LISW, Director, or Karen Beebe, Administrative Assistant.
- Participants will receive a refund of their registration fee, which may be subject to a $35 cancellation fee.
EMDR Training Courses are held in facilities that are in accordance with the American Disabilities Act. Please contact email@example.com to request special accommodations for disability (ADA).
EMDR Consulting is fully committed to conducting all activities in strict conformation with the APA, ASWB, NASW, NBCC, and EMDRIA grievance procedures.
During a training event, the trainer responsible for conducting the training has EMDR Consulting’s authority to address any concerns that arise during the actual training. Every effort will be made to address the concerns during the training to include changing practice partners, addressing staff issues, etc.
If the trainer is unable to address the participant’s concerns, the complaints and grievances shall be presented in writing to Roy Kiessling, LISW, Director, EMDR Consulting, LLC.
Social Workers: Should social workers have a specific grievance, these grievances will be addressed by Roy Kiessling, LISW. In situations where the social worker would have a conflict of interest, then, Crystal Whitlow, LCSW, a social worker grievance consultant for EMDR Consulting, has been given the final authority to resolve any grievances between participants and Roy Kiessling, LISW.
EMDR Consulting’s approach in resolving grievances is always from the perspective of what is in the best interest of the participant.
All complaints and grievances are reviewed within 5 working days. Formal grievances are required to be written and emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org (or, for social workers in situations of a conflict of interest, email@example.com) and will be responded to within 10 business days.