March 13, 2021
This is an advanced EMDR training for helping clients with complex trauma and early attachment issues who experience toxic shame as an underlying identity, which is extremely difficult to change. The workshop includes background, conceptualization, and a step-by-step procedure that expands on the desensitization phase of EMDR. Two sessions of practicum are included to help clinicians integrate the process.
After completion of this workshop, participants will be able to:
- Recognize relevant shame-based beliefs
- Identify clients who are appropriate candidates for the shame eviction protocol
- Prepare clients for de-identification with shame
- Support client during shame eviction process
- Assist client in selecting preferred identity
- Guide client in installing preferred identity
To be eligible to attend this training, participants must have completed an EMDRIA Approved EMDR basic training course. Please submit your document of course completion to firstname.lastname@example.org when you register and specify the city and state of your training in the email subject line.
**8 EMDRIA credits will be provided
**8 Continuing Education Credits will be provided by CE-Classes
The registration deadline for this training is March 7, 2021 at 11:59pm EST.
Trainer: Phoebe Bergvall, LCMHC
Phoebe Bergvall, LCMHC, is a Certified EMDR Therapist and an Approved EMDR Consultant and is an advanced workshop presenter specializing in toxic shame. She has been certified to work with domestic violence and criminal justice and has years of experience treating severe and persistent mental illness. Before becoming licensed as a substance abuse counselor and a mental health clinician, Phoebe was also certified in hypnotherapy and shamanic practices.
EMDR Consulting is an EMDRIA Approved training provider, and therefore, this training is EMDRIA Approved.
EMDR Consulting, founded by Roy Kiessling, LISW, is listed under his name on EMDRIA’s list of Approved Training Providers.
This training does not offer ASWB ACE credit to social workers. Our co-sponsor CE-Classes.com has social work state board approvals with Florida, Texas, Ohio, and New York (details below). Please contact your state board to confirm if the CEs for this course will be accepted.
- The American Psychological Association (APA) CE-Classes.com is approved by the American Psychological Association to sponsor continuing education for psychologists. CE-Classes.com maintains responsibility for this program and its content.
- The Florida Board of Clinical Social Work, Marriage and Family Therapy and Mental Health Counseling Provider #852 BAP-Expires 3/31/2023
- Florida Certification Board
- The California Board of Behavioral Sciences. The California Board of Behavioral Sciences, BBS, recognizes relevant course work/training that has been approved by nationally recognized certifying bodies, such as APA, to satisfy renewal requirements.
- California Consortium of Addiction Programs and Professionals (CCAPP) Provider Number OS-12-147-0223 Expires 02-2023
- The Texas Board of Social Work Examiners – CE-Classes.com meets the requirements for acceptable continuing education
- The Texas Board of Professional Counselors – CE-Classes.com meets the requirements for acceptable continuing education
- Massachusetts Authorization Number: TBD
- Ohio Counselor, Social Worker and Marriage and Family Therapist Board – Provider # RCST031201 Expires 5/31/2021
- The Florida Board of Nursing (CE Provider #: 50-4896) Expires 10/31/2022 – Do not send certificates to the Florida Board of Nursing. You must keep this certificate for 4 years.
- The California Board of Registered Nursing. CEP 15647 Expires 11/30/2022
- New York Social Work Board – CE-Classes.com is recognized by the New York State Education Department’s State Board for Social Work as an approved provider of continuing education for licensed social workers #SW-0120.
Licensed professionals should contact their regulatory board to determine course approval.
Participants will receive 8 hours of continuing education credit upon completing this program. Attendance for the entirety of the program is required to receive CE credits. No partial credit will be awarded. Certificates are awarded online after completion of the workshop. Participants print their own certificate after registering at CE-Classes.com, entering a key code, and completing an evaluation form.
EMDR Consulting and CE-Classes do not provide CMEs for psychiatrists (MDs).
CE Instructions to obtain CEs will be issued upon receipt of the course evaluation and final sign-out at the conclusion of the training.
Cancellation Policy for Scheduled Trainings:
- Minimum Attendance Requirement: EMDR Consulting reserves the right to cancel any training 10 days prior to the first day of the scheduled training if it does not meet its minimum attendance requirement of 10 participants.
- Unforeseen Events: EMDR Consulting reserves the right to cancel any training up to 24 hours before the first day of the scheduled training if something occurs beyond EMDR Consulting’s control, i.e., weather, national disaster, sudden illness, or death of a relation to the scheduled trainer.
- Refund: In the event EMDR Consulting cancels a training, participants will receive 100% of their registration fee as a credit to their credit card or a check.
Participant Cancellation Policy:
- To receive a full refund of the registration fee, participants must cancel their registration no later than 14 days prior to the first day of the training.
- Any cancellation requests occurring after this window will incur a $45 cancellation fee.
- For participants on a payment plan, any cancellation requests occurring after the second payment will incur a $45 cancellation fee regardless of the date of cancellation.
- The first registration transfer is free UNLESS the transfer request is received within or after the 14 day window prior to the first day of the training, then participants will incur a $45 transfer fee. Any additional registration transfer requests will cost $45 per transfer request.
- Cancellation requests shall be submitted in writing to email@example.com.
EMDR Training Courses are held in facilities that are in accordance with the American Disabilities Act. Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org to request special accommodations for disability (ADA).
EMDR Consulting is fully committed to conducting all activities in strict conformation with the APA, ASWB, NASW, NBCC, and EMDRIA grievance procedures.
During a training event, the trainer responsible for conducting the training has EMDR Consulting’s authority to address any concerns that arise during the actual training. Every effort will be made to address the concerns during the training to include changing practice partners, addressing staff issues, etc.
If the trainer is unable to address the participant’s concerns, the complaints and grievances shall be presented in writing to Roy Kiessling, LISW, Founder, EMDR Consulting, Inc.
Social Workers: Should social workers have a specific grievance, these grievances will be addressed by Roy Kiessling, LISW. In situations where the social worker would have a conflict of interest, then, Crystal Whitlow, LCSW, a social worker grievance consultant for EMDR Consulting, has been given the final authority to resolve any grievances between participants and Roy Kiessling, LISW.
EMDR Consulting’s approach in resolving grievances is always from the perspective of what is in the best interest of the participant.
All complaints and grievances are reviewed within 5 working days. Formal grievances are required to be written and emailed to email@example.com (or, for social workers in situations of a conflict of interest, firstname.lastname@example.org) and will be responded to within 10 business days.
There are no known conflicts of interests for this workshop.