July 16-17, 2020
Want some help with your toughest cases? Finding yourself stuck, blocked, or looping in EMDR sessions? This workshop will provide skills using Jim Knipe’s EMDR Toolbox and other techniques to help trained EMDR therapists work with stuck clients. Using lecture, video, case examples, and practice sessions, we will explore client avoidance and defenses as EMDR targets.
After completion of this workshop, participants will be able to:
- Understand the AIP model as it relates to avoidance in therapy clients
- Recognize how EMDR is useful in helping clients move through avoidance
- Utilize at least two new coping skill exercises to use with clients with targeting avoidance
- Implement several strategies to assist client’s ability to maintain present awareness and safety in cases of dissociative symptoms
- List examples of Blocking Beliefs
- Recognize various defense mechanisms in clients and identify reasons clients utilize them
To be eligible to attend this training, you must have completed EMDR basic training. Please submit your document of course completion to email@example.com when you register and specify the city and state of your training in the email subject line.
**12 EMDRIA credits will be provided***
**14 Continuing Education Credits will be provided by CE-Classes***
Trainer: Crystal Whitlow, LCSW
Crystal is a certified EMDR therapist and an EMDR Consultant. In 2013, she began working as a coach for EMDR Consulting’s EMDR Trainings. Based upon her exceptional understanding of EMDR, her enthusiasm and ability to connect with those she is coaching in EMDR, Crystal was invited by Roy Kiessling to join EMDR Consulting’s training staff as a trainer. She began presenting EMDR Consulting’s EMDR Training Course in 2015 throughout the Midwest. She maintains a clinical caseload of adult clients and specializes in working with women with trauma and anxiety disorders. Since 2017, Crystal is also an advanced workshop presenter on the topic of dealing with avoidance in EMDR therapy.
EMDR Consulting is an EMDRIA Approved training provider, and therefore, this training is EMDRIA Approved.
EMDR Consulting, founded by Roy Kiessling, LISW, is listed under his name on EMDRIA’s list of Approved Training Providers.
This training does not offer ASWB ACE credit to social workers. Our co-sponsor CE-Classes.com has social work state board approvals with Florida, Texas, Ohio, and New York (details below). Please contact your state board to confirm if the CEs for this course will be accepted.
Continuing Education credit for this program is also awarded by CE-Classes.com. CE-Classes.com is approved by:
- The American Psychological Association (APA) Ce-Classes.com is approved by the American Psychological Association to sponsor continuing education for psychologists. Ce-Classes.com maintains responsibility for this program and its content.
- The Florida Board of Clinical Social Work, Marriage and Family Therapy and Mental Health Counseling Provider #852 BAP-Expires 3/31/2021
- The California Board of Behavioral Sciences. The California Board of Behavioral Sciences, BBS, recognizes relevant course work/training that has been approved by nationally recognized certifying bodies, such as APA, to satisfy renewal requirements.
- California Consortium of Addiction Programs and Professionals (CCAPP) Provider Number OS-12-147-0221 Expires 2-2021
- The Texas Board of Social Work Examiners, Continuing Education Provider – 5674 expires 4/30/2020
- The Texas Board of Professional Counselors, Continuing Education Provider
- Massachusetts Authorization Number: 1692
- Ohio Counselor, Social Worker and Marriage and Family Therapist Board – Provider # RCST031201 Expires 5/31/2021
- The Florida Board of Nursing (CE Provider #: 50-4896) Expires 10/31/2020 – Do not send certificates to the Florida Board of Nursing. You must keep this certificate for 4 years.
- The California Board of Registered Nursing. CEP 15647 Expires 11/30/2020
- New York Social Work Board – Ce-Classes.com is recognized by the New York State Education Department’s State Board for Social Work as an approved provider of continuing education for licensed social workers #SW-0120.
Participants will receive 14 hours of continuing education credit upon completing this program. Attendance for the entirety of the program is required to receive CE credits. No partial credit will be awarded.
EMDR Consulting, LLC and CE-Classes do not provide CMEs for psychiatrists (MDs).
CE Instructions to obtain CEs will be issued upon receipt of the course evaluation and final sign-out at the conclusion of the training.
Cancellation Policy for Scheduled Trainings:
- Minimum Attendance Requirement: EMDR Consulting reserves the right to cancel any training 10 days prior to the first day of the scheduled training if it does not meet its minimum attendance requirement of 10 participants.
- Unforeseen Events: EMDR Consulting reserves the right to cancel any training up to 24 hours before the first day of the scheduled training if something occurs beyond EMDR Consulting’s control, i.e., weather, national disaster, sudden illness, or death of a relation to the scheduled trainer.
- Refund: In the event EMDR Consulting cancels a training, participants will receive 100% of their registration fee as a credit to their credit card or a check.
Participant Cancellation Policy:
- Participants may cancel their registration up to 24 hours prior to the first day of the scheduled training.
- Cancellations shall be requested in writing directed to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Participants will receive a full refund of their registration fee.
EMDR Training Courses are held in facilities that are in accordance with the American Disabilities Act. Please contact email@example.com to request special accommodations for disability (ADA).
EMDR Consulting is fully committed to conducting all activities in strict conformation with the APA, ASWB, NASW, NBCC, and EMDRIA grievance procedures.
During a training event, the trainer responsible for conducting the training has EMDR Consulting’s authority to address any concerns that arise during the actual training. Every effort will be made to address the concerns during the training to include changing practice partners, addressing staff issues, etc.
If the trainer is unable to address the participant’s concerns, the complaints and grievances shall be presented in writing to Roy Kiessling, LISW, Founder, EMDR Consulting, Inc.
Social Workers: Should social workers have a specific grievance, these grievances will be addressed by Roy Kiessling, LISW. In situations where the social worker would have a conflict of interest, then, Crystal Whitlow, LCSW, a social worker grievance consultant for EMDR Consulting, has been given the final authority to resolve any grievances between participants and Roy Kiessling, LISW.
EMDR Consulting’s approach in resolving grievances is always from the perspective of what is in the best interest of the participant.
All complaints and grievances are reviewed within 5 working days. Formal grievances are required to be written and emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org (or, for social workers in situations of a conflict of interest, email@example.com) and will be responded to within 10 business days.