EMDR Certification Consultation
Certified Therapist in EMDR
Being a Certified Therapist in EMDR is optional. Completing the EMDR Training Course fully qualifies one ethically, professionally, and within one’s standards of practice to provide EMDR in one’s clinical setting. Once you have completed the training course, you may at any time thereafter, pursue becoming a Certified Therapist in EMDR.
Analogy: Completing “Undergraduate School” qualifies one to attend “Graduate School” anytime thereafter.
If you choose to become Certified in EMDR, EMDRIA has established the following criteria:
EMDRIA’s Certification Criteria
The applicant for the designation of EMDRIA Certified Therapist must meet EMDRIA’s following criteria:
For details, visit here.
- EMDRIA Approved Training:
- EMDR Consulting’s EMDR Training Course is EMDRIA Approved
3) Attach notarized documentation supporting the following statements:
• Do you have at least two years experience in your field of license?
• Have you conducted at least 50 EMDR sessions with at least 25 clients?
4) Have you received 20 hours of consultation by an EMDRIA Approved Consultant in EMDR? . *Only consultation hours received AFTER completion of an EMDRIA Approved Training program can be applied towards this requirement.
10 of the required 20 hours must be attributed as having been individual hours. This may or many not be available in a group setting. See Approved Consultant’s criteria below under EMDR Consulting’s Umbrella.
5) Attach letter(s) of recommendation from one or more EMDRIA Approved
Consultant(s) in EMDR, regarding your utilization of EMDR with clients.
We strongly recommend you use one of EMDR Consulting’s Approved Consultants. Our consultants are familiar with:
Integrating EMDR into your clinical practice
The Belief focused Approach to EMDR treatment
The Processing Continuum: EMD, EMDr, EMDR
6) Attach two letters of recommendation regarding your professional utilization of EMDR (if possible), ethics in practice, and professional character. These can be obtained from colleagues or peers.
7) Attach certificates of completion of 12 hours of EMDRIA Credits (continuing education in EMDR).
8) EMDRIA’s Professional Code of Conduct.
For additional EMDRIA related Certifications visit:
EMDR Consulting’s Umbrella
As mentioned above, we encourage clinicians to use Approved Consultant’s under EMDR Consulting’s umbrella. Having said that, however, EMDR Consulting does not maintain responsibility for the clinician’s certification process, therefore, each Approved consultant will have:
Their own approach to certification
- Face-to face, or phone
- Video of a treatment sessions
- Tests and other forms of evaluating one’s knowledge
- Each Approved Consultant set’s their own fees (EMDR Consulting is not involved in the fee setting process)